If you are here, you already know how important it is to master spreadsheets and quickly build time-saving, efficient and attractive products in Google Sheets.
Why this course?
In this video course, we create a Gradebook that will take your spreadsheet skills to the next level into the world of data analysis and professional presentation. We will be building a Google Sheets Gradebook just the ones I have successfully used as a university administrator. You will be developing corporate-level dynamic Google Sheets for your workplace and master advanced formulas and design principles.
Not only will we cover how to use:
- tools like Pivot Tables, Charts, Slicers, Data Validation and Conditional Formatting
- the main functions:
- advanced IF statements
- Very handy compound formulas.
but we will also look at:
- spreadsheet design principles
- workflow processes
- designing elegant dashboard
- develop our shortcut skills, and
- collaborating with others.
What's in the course?
This course is a beast! You will get:
- 17 videos covering all the steps needed to create a Gradebook
- Over 3 and a half hours of video content.
- Each video contains a takeaway summary of what you have covered.
- Starting templates for the project.
- Handy links to further reading or videos.
- Staging templates at strategic points in the course so you can compare your progress.
- A community in the comments section for each video to get support.
- Plus you will walk away with a reusable Gradebook that you created.
Who is this course for?
- Intermediate Google Sheets users looking to advance their skills.
- People looking to sharpen their skills and improve their efficiency in Google Sheets
- Anyone looking to better understand spreadsheet design and workflow.
- Someone who knows the benefit of learning through doing and is excited about building some projects as they learn.
Create an Attractive Gradebook Page
Learn how to design a gradebook page that people actually want to look at.
Class and Grade Analysis
Use SORT, sliders and graphs to analyze grades by class or as a whole.
Compare Class Performance over a Course
Use pivot tables and conditional formatting to compare sections or classes over a course.
Zoom in on a Section to see how it Performs
Analyze a class or sections grades by pass or fail or letter grade.
- 001 | Project Introduction (5:42)
- 002 | The 'Paste Grades' Tab (10:19)
- 003 | Add Core Data (8:16)
- 004 | Importing Core Data From Another Sheet (25:28)
- 005 | Gradebook: Setup (7:00)
- 006 | Gradebook: Inserting Summary Data (13:08)
- 007 | Gradebook: Style and Formatting (12:26)
- 008 | Gradebook: Adding Bump, Pass-Fail & Letter Grades (21:37)
- 009 | Final Course: Entering Data (16:23)
- 010 | Final Course: Chart Data (9:51)
- 011 | Final Course: Slicers (7:20)
- 012 | All Sections: Pass and Fail (14:21)
- 013 | All Sections: Letter Grades (12:02)
- 014 | By Sections: Setup (16:02)
- 015 | By Section: Summary (21:19)
- 016 | By Section: Pass-Fail (10:52)
- 017 | By Section: Letter Grade (16:08)
I’m an experienced Google Workspace educator and developer.
I’ve been working in education around the world as a teacher, trainer, administrator and manager for over 15 years. I’ve always liked to teach, and blending it with my love of tech is a real joy for me.
In 2020, Google kindly made me a Google Developer Expert (GDE) for Google Workspace for my educational outreach in Google Sheets and Google Apps Script.
In recent years I’ve had the pleasure of building the administrative backbone of a 140 teacher, 3,500 student-strong university preparatory year deanship program. Migrating it to Google Workspace and providing automation solutions for our heavy administrative demands so that the teachers could focus on what they are great at – teaching.
These days, I’m a small to medium business administrative automation consultant and educator. I generally try and achieve these ends by building no-code Google Workspace and Google Apps Script solutions.
I also, provide tutorials and courses on my website Yagisanatode. I try and keep things informal and fun while packing a lot of detail that you can choose to read through in its entirety or just pick out the good bits. I spend a lot of time researching my material and I hope you get a lot out of it. After all, it is as much of a resource for me, as it is for you.
Grab the Bundle for a discount on the entire course!
Or grab one of the other course in the series.